One of the joys of running Sanctum, once we get around to it, is writing up all the responses from the young people for each of the different activities.
A couple of days ago I was typing up the responses to the “Thankful” activity, where students write a few words on a post it note about the things they’re thankful for. Among the 400 or so post-its there was an overwhelming number saying “friends and family” or variations thereof including quite a few expressing gratitude for grandparents. Then there were the others, not just for pets, football or x-boxes, but inspiring, honest and hearfelt mini prayers of thanks. Here are some of them.
- God for creating the beauty of the world
- for having that one friend who makes me feel wanted
- I am thankful for you in my life. You are well nice and proper thoughtful
- I am thankful that I have food, water and a roof over my head. Also that my family love me
- to be unique and to be a twin
- I am thankful that the 5 year release time is coming up for my sister since she had leukaemia
- I’m thankful for everything, even the bad. Thank you for letting me live
- that I’m not in somewhere like Haiti or anything and that I’m not poor
- I am thankful for my mum who made meI have life and I’m glad it’s how I want it to be
- I am thankful for my amazing life family pets and friends
- I’m grateful for having all the people I love most around me
- I am thankful for nature and all good things
- memory and forgiveness
- God for creating us