The number of prayer spaces happening in schools and colleges continues to grow exponentially with over 500 (that we know of) in the last five years. Some people have run loads, some are just setting out. In that time we’ve also connected with many people in the field of education who are enthusiastic about the place prayer spaces can play in the life of schools and who have expertise to share with prayer space practitioners.
That’s why this year Prayer Spaces in Schools is running two slightly different conferences in four locations.
The Development Days in London (Mon 30 Sep) and Leeds (Tue 1 Oct) are for those who have run a few prayer spaces and will feature a series of short talks followed by discussion on:
– spiritual development of children and young people
– Christian schoolswork trends and opportunities
– prayer spaces and pastoral care
– working in a multi-faith context.
The day conferences in Bristol (Thu 24 Oct) and Edinburgh (Sat 9 Nov) are for those who are thinking of running their first prayer space or are looking for new ideas and resources and will have a range of practical workshops from people with experience of running prayer spaces.
– how to host a prayer space
– creating prayer activities
– theology and values of prayer spaces
– prayer spaces in primary and secondary schools
– what next? chaplaincy and permanent prayer spaces
All the info and links to book in are here.